Thursday, January 28, 2010

Baby's Got a Pretty Face

Tom's birthday meal was so lavish and so beautiful, I had to post a few photos here.


These are oysters, cured in a bit of lime juice and some other unidentified, yummy stuff. Courtesy of our friend Carrie, who's a wonderful chef.


My winter slaw, stolen from Shauna and Chef of glutenfreegirl.com. Broccoli, savoy cabbage, raw brussel sprouts, and a tangy dressing starring homemade mayonnaise.


Again to Carrie, whose dishes were indisputably the prettiest. Here, a prawn ceviche featuring a creamy cilantro sauce.

What 30-course BBQ-themed meal would be complete without a mini serving of homemade buttermilk waffles topped with a piece of cruncy bacon and finished with a drizzle of syrup? These addictive morsels were my mom's doing.


My dad is king of the homemade onion ring. Look at these golden, fluffy rings and try to deny it.


The rest of photos can be found on facebook.








1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I made Shauna and Dan's winter slaw, too, but didn't have the ingredients on hand for homemade mayo...I feel like I can see the difference in your photo. :)

    ReplyDelete